2014 was different, but I think every year is different. May be that’s why we all look forward to a new year and at the end of every year enjoy pondering over the year gone by. And I love doing it by taking a look back at what all I wrote about. And 2014 was definitely a year different than my years usually have been. And like always I had a rocking time doing what I enjoy thoroughly, writing.
The one major change for me in 2014 was no travelling but I still made sure I wrote about it. In fact I had an amazing time ‘watching’ some absolutely fantastic places in Himachal Pradesh through my parents’ adventurous travels. This was an unchartered territory for me, writing basis someone else’s experiences and writing about one tour in two parts. I may not have been at those places, but I surely loved writing every single word.
As for my personal trips, I only reached till Mughal Gardens in Delhi and a trip to Tijara Ji.
- Unexplored, Unparalleled and Unique Himachal Pradesh – Lahaul and Spiti
- Unexplored, Unparalleled and Unique Himachal Pradesh – Kinnaur
- Tijara, a Jain temple dedicated to Tirthankar Chandraprabhu
- Mughal Gardens at the Rashtrapati Bhavan
Photograhy is the next love
In addition to writing, photography is my other passion, actually, it’s still at nascent stage but I enjoy it so much. And in 2014 I combined the two.
Moving from Cricket to Kabaddi
India’s sports fans had a transformation, and so did my writing. After IPL, PKL became the 2nd most watched sports in India and what a league it was. I have never twitted about a sport, and I did. My tweets have rarely been retweeted, and many on PKL were. And my two blogs on PKL helped quite a few fans stay updated on players and matches of PKL 2014 and helped them get some information on PKL 2015.
And like so many people all over the world, I did touch upon the FIFA World Cup.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2014 Champion – Jaipur Pink Panthers
- What shall you remember FIFA World Cup 2014 most for?
- FIFA Football World Cup 2014: Time Schedule that works for Indians
- Pro Kabaddi League – raids, defences, all outs, points and unlimited fun
Indian TV had the obvious and not so obvious shows
I had fun time writing about what goes on on the Indian television and well on the American television as well especially oh-so-similar crime dramas. And it was a great year for the Indian TV in some sense, after House MD debuted here and like a flash almost all seasons have been covered already, can you believe that?
- The Saas Bahu Soap Operas of America
- How Sony Television Fooled My Wife
- House MD – an outstanding TV medical drama, to say the least
What else was new for me?
Well, I wrote about food and I am sure I have helped many foodies looking for the best street food in Gurgaon and best south Indian food in Delhi. What many of you would have missed is my ideas for the car manufacturers in India and I am sure I can help them lower car prices with some simple tips.
- Best Cholle Kulche in Gurgaon
- Andhra Bhawan Canteen – the best south Indian food in Delhi
- Suggestions of a Car Driver: How Can Car Manufacturers Lower Car Prices in India
Writers and their books
2014 had so much happening when it came to writers and their books. Kushwant Singh and Pran left us wanting for more and Sachin Tendulkar told us how he made sure is always ‘Played It My Way’. And I added my humble bits as well.
And the most important of them all
But for me the most important write up was the one on Stem Cell Banking. There are countless people in India who struggle to find the right information and I thought I may share what all I could gather and that what I did.
And strangely enough I wrote about my urge to write. Well, and I am not sure how that went, I mean the article, not my urge. And then some.